Acne Scars Treatment
A blemish free skin is a dream shared equally by both men and women. Having acne scars may impede with one’s confidence and self esteem.
Acne scars / pimple marks are trails left behind by the pimples. These are the cause of psychological stress and trauma amongst teenagers and young adults.
Why does one get acne scars / pimple marks?
People who have excess oil secretion, hormonal imbalance, and stress are most prone to having acne and acne scars. The various types of acne scars are:
– Rolling scars (with gentle sloping edges)
– Box scars (with sharp edges)
– Ice-pick scars (deep pits that look like large open pores)
Acne scars treatment includes:
- Chemical Peels
- Microdermabrasion (MDA)
- Subcision – This treatment is done under local anaesthesia. In this, specially designed needles are inserted into the base of the scar to remove the band of tissue holding the acne scars to the underlying structures.
- Scar Excision – This treatment is also done under local anaesthesia. In this, skin punches are used to excise the scar and subsequently the wound is sutured. Healing of the wound, takes about 10-14 days. However, with the advancement in technology and newer treatment modalities such as Microneedling Radiofrequency and LASERs, this particular is not so prevalent.
- Microneedling Radiofrequency
- Pixel LASER
- Dermal Fillers