Skin Tightening Treatment
As the name suggests, skin tightening treatment is the treatment for tightening of loose and saggy skin. Now, why does the skin sag? The underlying reason for loose saggy skin is decreased number of collagen and loss of elasticity of the collagen present in the skin. The collagen is what makes the skin look younger and youthful.
Saggy skin is seen with aging or in the event of a sudden weight loss such as post pregnancy or after a crash diet.
Just like for the other age related skin problems, keeping a check on your lifestyle is highly advisable.
Skin Tightening treatment options:
The treatment is done with the objective to stimulate collagen production that helps in firming the skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. The various treatment options include:
- BOTOX injection causes skin tightening by increasing the tightness of muscle and hence smoothening of fine lines and wrinkles
- Chemical Peel – superficial to medium depth peels are used to stimulate collagen production and remove dead damaged skin, thereby giving a more youthful look
- In Dermaroller treatment, we make superficial punctures on the skin that causes neocollagen production.
- In Dermal Fillers, we use natural fillers to fill the wrinkles and creases giving a fuller look
- LASER. Use of Q-Switched and Long-pulsed ND:YAG LASER, is used at our facility for stimulation of dermal collagen and reduction of skin sagging. Repeated sittings at a gap of 4-6 weeks is suggested
- Microneedling Radiofrequency is a newer modality in the treatment of saggy skin.
- Thread lift
Of the various treatment options listed, BOTOX, Dermal Fillers and Thread lift require one sitting before we see results. A follow up sitting can be taken after a gap of 6 to 8 months. Whereas the other treatment options need multiple sittings at a gap of 4-6 weeks until desired results are achieved.
The course of action is advised depending on individual skin type, condition of the skin, and one’s comfort level.