Dark Circles Treatment
Dark circles under the eyes are one of the commonest problems between men and women across all age groups. Needless to say, it is a grave cosmetic concern as it makes a person look much older than the real age.
What causes dark circles?
Under eye darkness is a lifestyle related skin issue. The most common and controllable factors are:
- Lack of sleep
- Strain on the eyes due to excessive use of the computer
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and excessive smoking
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Allergy or irritation to eye makeup / cosmetics
Other factors that cause dark circles are:
- Heredity – dark circles can be due to a genetic trait
- Allergic reaction – side effect of any drug use
- Eczema caused by dry skin
- Injury or infection around the eye
- Puffiness around the eye that comes with age
- Vitamin deficiency
Treatment for dark circles
To begin with, it is important for anyone with dark circles to make certain lifestyle changes such as proper sleep, adequate nutritious diet, regular use of moisturizers and sunscreens. Additionally, avoiding consumption of alcohol and cigarettes is recommended.
Medical treatment includes:
- Chemical peel with glycolic acid, lactic acid, pyruvic acid and arginine
- Microneedling Radiofrequency
- Dermal Fillers
Treatment has to be done at regular intervals and is spread over a few months.